Arcana was founded in New York in 2015 and was named after the cards of the Tarot deck which ‘weave the narrative of a soul’s journey through life.’ Now is an important time to address how we consume goods including fashion and how we respect the planet. Arcana is a sustainable fashion brand and has defining principles to address their beliefs:
- To use only materials that are produced with respect for the planet.
- To only invest in companies who comply with strict environmental and ethical standards.
- To always strive to support traditional textile industries so that their art and heritage gains access to the discerning contemporary market, thereby finding the support necessary to thrive.
- To maintain a transparent supply chain so our conscientious customers know that their clothing was made sustainably and with the care and quality that only results from the skilled work of human hands.
- To use New York Garment District manufacturers whenever possible so that we can ensure that the people who make your clothes work in a safe environment and are paid a fair wage.
- To constantly strive to outdo ourselves each season, by finding more efficient, sustainable business practices that invest in the future of our planet.
Having such a strong ethos and valuing sustainability, strikes a chord with the public, now more than ever. Transparency is important to the brand, as is the human experience. Acana uses these foundations and fuses them with quality, with the purpose of creating a story for each garment, an heirloom if you like.